Monday, April 5, 2010

Painting the Nursery-Part 1

Let's just say that I am glad I started painting the nursery sooner rather than later. I'm afraid it's going to take me a little longer than I had originally hoped. At least I have something to keep me busy for the next 4 months while I patiently wait for our little one to get here.

As you can see, the walls are a bright green... This weekend I added the pink stripe all the way around and then taped off the portions to be painted different colors. I plan to put a blue stripe at the top and a purple stripe at the bottom of the big pink stripe. The green curtain is temporary until I get the curtains that go with the crib set. It was a lot of work, taping off the edges... but I'm sure the result will be well worth it.

I am planning on adding flowers to the top portion of the wall, but I haven't decided if I'll use the stickers or if I'll paint them myself. Because I have 4 months to work on it I may just do it myself. Here are the pictures from this weekend.




























No comments:

Post a Comment