Monday, October 11, 2010

Her Own Bed


Lillian is currently sleeping in her own bed (crib) for the first time ever tonight. I have to admit to shedding a few emotional tears. I would take a picture of her because I have her swaddled up nice and tight however she somehow managed to get one leg out, but I know the flash would wake her. She cried for a good eight minutes and I didn't think I was going to make it but she stopped crying just as easily as she started (I checked to see if my monitor was broken). I perceived her cry tonight was one of anger at being abandoned. I felt like a horrible mother but I just keep telling myself she can't sleep with us forever. We will see how this first night goes.
She will be eight weeks old tomorrow so this is a sort of milestone. My goal is to get her (and the whole family) on a bedtime schedule at least. Bath, massage, new diaper, swaddle, nurse, then bed. I'll let you know how that works out. Pray that I have the strength to do what's best for my daughter even when it's hard for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment